Saturday, June 2, 2012

Little Red


So Saturday morning we woke up around 5:45 to get ready.  Our hotel offered a little breakfast.  We stayed in two rooms.  I was so excited that so many of my biking/swim buddies were able to come.  It was a great girls weekend.  Sarah, Krista, Beth, Lisa, Jenn, Pam, Savannah and Nicki were there.  We had a fantastic day riding together.  I love these women so much.  They have become wonderful friends.  They are great examples to me.  They have such positive attitudes.  

We all started together but unfortunately Beth's back was bothering her so she and Lisa kicked back after the first 10 miles and only rode 30 miles.  But they were waiting for us at the finish line, cheering us on.  I love how goofy these women are.  They know how to have fun!  I always have a great time when I'm around them.  I feel like I'm constantly laughing with them, sometimes at them.


Okay, this picture cracks me up because at lunch we took a bunch of pictures.  I didn't realize that I still had my helmet on.  So when everyone posted these pictures on Facebook the next day, guess who everyone was laughing at?  "who's the idiot that still has her helmet on?"  Nice!  Thanks girls for telling me that my helmet was still on.  It's turned into quite the joke.  We've had some great laughs over it.

This is my favorite picture.  I didn't think that I would see Mylissa so I was so happy when I ran into her at lunch.  There are over 3,000 participants so I can't believe that I saw her.  I was proud of her for doing this ride.  It's been really hard on her coming back from the pregnancy and the "no sleep" thing.  I know that this was a huge accomplishment for her!  I love it that she fights on a daily basis to stay strong and healthy even though it is so tough some days.  I love my big sis!  She sent me a funny joke a couple of months ago.  It said "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a bike and that's pretty close."  We love our bikes!!!!   
This picture totally captures the storm that was chasing us the last 30 miles.  We lucked out because it only sprinkled on us a couple of times.  We could see the lightening and hear the thunder.  We just kept waiting for it to pour on us but it never did.  Luckily I think we stayed ahead of it.
We drove up to Logan Friday afternoon.  We went to the Little Red site and checked out all the goodies.  I bought some biking socks and new biking shorts for a killer price.  I was so excited!  I love a good deal.  But Krista is all about good deals.  She went around to all the tables and got a ton of free Luna bars.  At every food station, we would do a "Krista" and stock up on the Luna bars and the GU blocks.  I have enough to last me until next year.  Thanks Little Red!
Friday night we went out to dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant.  Krista told our waiter that it was Pam's birthday so they brought her out an ice cream and sang happy birthday to her while she wore a big sombrero.  I love my crazy friends!  Later that night, we went back to the hotel and sat in the hot tub.  I love that we can be together and talk for hours.  They are wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment