Saturday, June 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Marilyn!

Happy Birthday Marilyn!!! We always celebrate her birthday at the cabin. We love Marilyn so much and appreciate all she does for us. This morning I slept in til after 9. It was heavenly! We had a quiet morning because Mylissa had been up most of the night with Caleb so she was exhausted. The kids loved playing playmobil. After lunch we got ready and went out on our adventure. Mylissa and I wanted to ride our bikes so we put our bikes on the top of the pilot and rode on the back of the ATVs with Dad, Rob, Chase, Bridger, and Maddy. We were a little tight riding down to canyon 327. Marilyn and Mom drove the pilot with Julie and Caleb in it so Mylissa could ride for a little. While we were unloading our bikes, a man stopped to tell us that just a few minutes ago, they saw a mommy grizzly with two cubs out in the canyon field. I'm ok with seeing a bear while I'm in the car but I don't want to run into one on my bike. It made me a little nervous. But we never saw it. Dad and Rob took off up the canyon with the kids . They were really sweet to come back and check on Mylissa and I. I absolutely love this canyon! It is so beautiful but I had forgotten how hard it is. I joked with dad and said we should have started with something easier for our first ride. Mylissa did great! We had such a fun ride. Tonight Rob made an awesome dinner for Marilyn and us. It was similar to my chicken and black bean recipe but so much better. Marilyn didn't want anything fancy for dessert so we just made caramel brownies. Marilyn and Dad opened their birthday presents and then we ate the yummy brownies with dad's four different flavors of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment