Thursday, May 2, 2019

New "Family" Car


After searching online for days and days, I was able to find a Honda Civic.  I would find a car, but then the next day, it would be gone.  Good deals sold really fast.  This car popped up one night as I was looking.  I told Matt that we had to go that night and look at it.  Luckily the guy was over in Logan.  I texted him and we went over at 8:45.  Chase came with us.  The guys was super nice!  We test drove around and felt like it drove pretty well.  We've never driven a hybrid before so that was different.  It doesn't have a lot of pickup because it's a hybrid but that's a good thing for a teenage driver.  We were really impressed with how clean the inside was.  Super clean!!!  The guy must have OCD because it didn't look like a 2007.  We asked him if we could drive it to our mechanic the next day and have him look it over.  He agreed that we could do that.  So the next day I drove back to Logan, and dropped my van off.  Then I drove the civic down to Ogden to have Layne's mechanic look at it.  He was funny.  The first thing he said was "I don't like hybrids.  I'm going to tell you not to get this car."  But after driving it around and doing several tests on it for over an hour, he said that this car was very impressive and he didn't see any reason not to buy the car.  He was funny, he said "I can't believe I'm going to tell you to buy a hybrid."  The car only has 102,000 miles on it and it's an 2007.  He was asking $4,200 but he agreed to $3,500!!!  The mechanic said we wouldn't find another deal like this so jump on it!!  When I took the car back to the man he said he already had three offers on it. So I immediately paid his some money and bought the car.  We couldn't have asked for a better situation.  He was so nice!!  The car is going to be perfect for Chase.  I drove it home and then later that night we picked up the van in Logan when we were over there for Chase's soccer game.




No comments:

Post a Comment