Friday, May 24, 2019

Bridger Lightening Fast!

Bridger's school holds the Will Hornberger Biathlon every year at the end of the school year.  Four years ago, Mr. Hornberger was killed in a tragic rock climbing accident.  The school still honors his tradition and holds the events.  Another student asked Bridger to be on a team with him.  Bridger was the runner and the other kid did the biking.  Once all the bikers come in, then they had the running part.  Bridger took first place for all of the sixth graders that ran it!!!  (He came in second, there was one boy in front of him that was a seventh grader)  They gave Bridger a medal for 4th place because he was signed up for the team event.  The night before I had asked Bridger if I could come and watch.  He looked horrified and said "No!"  I was a little disappointed.  The next morning, Mrs. O sent me the picture of Bridger holding up his finger.  She told me that he came in first out of all of the sixth graders.  It was pouring rain on them!  I was so proud of Bridger!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment