Thursday, May 30, 2019

Bridger Hope of America Award

Last week, I received a call from Bridger's school.  It was the principal telling me that Bridger would be getting a special award at the 6th grade assembly the following week.  I had just gotten out of the shower when I received a text from Mrs O saying that the times were wrong and they were doing the assembly right now.  I threw some clothes on and literally combed my hair while I was driving.  I threw a hat on and called it good.  Luckily we made it there on time.  Bridger was awarded the "Hope of America" award.  They gave it to eight students in 6th grade.  
This is what the award says "About 40 years ago, the Bonneville Kiwanis Club of Salt Lake City, believing that the strength of our nation was directly related to the strength of our schools and our students, started an awards program for 6th graders.  This award is called the Hope of America.  This award was created to honor outstanding students who demonstrating during the school year, leadership, good character, scholarship and a willingness to serve others.  The Kiwanis motto is "We Build."  our clubs honors those beach year in our participating schools who are willing to "Build" a better tomorrow.  The Hope of America award recognizes and encourages students who have demonstrated academic accomplishments, leadership and good character.  Winning the coveted Hope of America award might well be the first spark in stimulating a lifelong effort of outstanding accomplishment and leadership.  The hope is that these students will be potential leaders who will sustain our democratic way of life and exhibit outstanding citizenship traits."  
(I didn't know anything about his award so I had to research it afterwards because I could tell it was a big deal."  



This is one of Bridger's core teachers, Mrs. O.  She and Mrs. P were so excited for Bridger to get this award.  Afterwards, they both gave Bridger big congratulatory hugs.  They been such wonderful and influential teachers to Bridger.


No comments:

Post a Comment