Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Best Mother's Day Ever!!!


Shantelle came over and stayed with Tanner so I could go to sacrament meeting.  I really wanted to go because it was Chase's last time singing for Mother's day and it was Kyle A's homecoming.  I went into the ugly cry while the boys were singing the Mother's day songs.  I thought of all the Mother's days that I longed for another child and was so heart broken.   I felt such love from my Heavenly Father for his tender mercy in granting us our sweet miracle.  For so long we didn't think that we would be able to add to our family.  I feel such gratitude for Chase, Bridger and sweet little Tanner.  I'm so grateful that Tanner could come to our family!


My mother's day was one of the best I've ever had!  It started off with have a sweet moment early in the morning feeding Tanner.  As I held him in my arms, I just cried.  I'm so thankful he's finally here.  While I was feeding Tanner, Bridger came in with sleepy eyes but he was holding a present.  He was so excited to give me my mother's day gift.  I opened it and it was a note pad that Bridger designed.  He also gave me a flower filled with coupons.  He also gave me a really sweet card about why he loves his mother.  He said that he loves me because "I always tuck him in goodnight, I'm pretty and I make him breakfast."  What a sweet boy!  At the beginning of Kyle's talk he said that he wanted all the boys and young men to listen.  He told the boys the most important thing they could do for their mothers was to hug them everyday and tell their mother that they love them.  If they wanted to make it extra special, they could kiss their mom on the check.  So both boys gave me a kiss on the cheek when we were celebrating.




Chase handed me a wrapped up can that I had to open.  Inside were five coupons!  He said he's willing to "change the baby's diaper, give me a hug, do any chore, play with the dog, and feed the baby."  How awesome are those coupons!!!  I'll definitely be using those!  Chase painted a beautiful picture with water colors.  I love it.  The best part was when Chase leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek!  I love my boys so much.  I told Matt that I didn't want to travel around all day to see our families on Mother's day.  I just wanted to stay at home.  It was an awesome day!  Matt and I took a little nap during the afternoon.  Mom had made us some Hawaiian haystack sauce so I didn't have to worry about fixing something for dinner.  When I went to tuck the boys in bed, Chase got out of bed and gave me a big squeeze and then kissed me on the cheek and said "I love you mom!"  I started to cry!  It was such a sweet moment.  Bridger was on the top bunk and he leaned over the rail and looked at me.  Then he waved his hand at my face and said "how long is this going to last for?"  (meaning my crying).  I then started to laugh.  Oh the emotions after having a baby are crazy!!!  I love Bridger's honesty! When I crawled into bed that night, I felt such love from my family.  What a great day!  It's a Mother's Day that I'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment