Monday, May 5, 2014

Bringing home Tanner



On Saturday, the boys had helped us write a list of our top  5 names.  Some of the names that were on the list were:  Grayson, Daxton, Tanner, Gavin, and Austin.  So Sunday night, Matt and I were discussing the baby's name.  We narrowed it down to Tanner and Daxton.  I thought we were settling more on Tanner.  But then Monday morning Matt came in and said he liked Daxton better.  I felt so confused!  Matt went down to the OR's and got people's opinions, plus we knew what our families liked.  We were supposed to have a name finalized by the time we left the hospital but I was too emotional.  I started to cry so Matt was so sweet. He told me that he wanted me to feel good about the name and not feel rushed.  The nurse told us we had a week from his birth to decide his name and report it to the hospital.  After we brought him home, we called him Tanner for one day, and then the next day called him Daxton.  But on Friday, we finally came to a decision and felt good about calling him Tanner.  So it's official...Tanner Eli Adams.  I've always liked the name Eli.  We both have Eli family names.  Matt has Elias on his side and I have Eli Webb.  

Bringing home Tanner was very emotional for me.  I think of all the times that I would leave the hospital after my blood work and cry in the car.  I would wait in the waiting room and see the new babies being taken home and cry.  I would just look at the hospital in the car and wish for a baby.  My heart was so sad for such a long time.  And now we have this miracle baby!  I'm so grateful that our prayers were finally answered!  I wasn't sure if this moment would ever come true!  So it was a very surreal moment walking out to the car with our new baby!




We brought Tanner home from the hospital around 4:00 P.M.   We were quickly thrown back into life.  Chase had a soccer game at 5:00.  There was a little carpool mix up so Matt ended up going to the game but he was glad that he did because Chase scored two goals.  One was a header goal!!!  Then Bridger had a baseball game.  My good friend Krissy picked up Bridger and then Mom and Marilyn headed over to his game as soon as dinner was finished.  Mom had made a wonderful turkey dinner.  Mom and Marilyn were planning on staying for just a little bit of Bridger's game but he played so great they stayed the whole game.  Bridger ended up getting the "game ball" because he had such an awesome game.  He caught a pop fly and then was playing short stop and got someone out on second.  I was so glad Mom was there to celebrate with Bridger!

No comments:

Post a Comment