Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sand Everywhere!






August 7, 2012 Tuesday
This morning Matt and I were in charge of breakfast so last night I put out roads cinnamon rolls. I cut up some strawberries and called it good. I'm all about keeping it simple. After breakfast I went for a bike ride around the lake. I went for about an hour and a half. It felt so good! I really tried to work on my speed so I loved feeling the wind. The ride is so beautiful around the lake. Luckily the traffic wasn't too bad. 
 Ashtyn and Mikayla really wanted to go to the lake so this afternoon everyone but Ardell, Charlene, Ardell, Chelsy and Austin came. We went to the north shore and were able to find a spot. Matt brought the pop-up so it was so nice to sit in the shade. Matt was a good sport and went in the water and played with Bridger and Chase for awhile. After a while Matt came back and Angie, Mike, and I visited. They talked a lot about their childhood memories. I think it's really great for them to have moments like that. Chase and Bridger were having so much fun playing in the sand and the water. They started off burying their feet but then Mikayla came over and coved their whole bodies in sand. It was so sweet to just watch them play. 
  We've really enjoyed watching the Olympics. It seems like it's always on but we have loved it. It's so fun being together. Angie is the queen of games so she always has a game going on the dinner table. Tonight we had a movie night and watched the edited version of The King's Speech. We made Ardell and Charlene stay up way past their bedtime but they stayed awake. 







No comments:

Post a Comment