Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rachael's 35th birthday.


Chase had his first day of school today. I don't ever remember a year when school was on my birthday. Alpine school district starts earlier than other districts. So I got up and went for a bike ride before the boys woke up. When I got home, Chase was awake and was all ready for school. I fixed him some breakfast and got him all ready for school. We actually drove over to the school because Bridger had an appointment with his teacher. Last year Chase wanted to walk to school all by himself but this year he wanted me to go to school with him. I loved dropping him off. Once Chase went into school, Bridger and I went over to meet is teacher Mrs. P.  She had us walk around the room first. Bridger was very excited to see her two gerbils, Dash and Flash. She also has a fish tank. Then Bridger sat down with his teacher and she asked him all kinds of questions. It was hysterical on the math questions. She started easy and then quickly went to the harder questions. She asked Bridger "if you have 15 cubes and you add one, how many would you have?" Bridger looked at her and sighed and said "16!" he knew all of his letters. At the end of the assessment she said "it's so nice to have a student so ready for kindergarten." I laughed and said "it's because he's had preschool for three years." I think she'll be a great teacher and challenge him. 
  Afterwards we picked up Shantelle and Aliyah and went to Kneaders for breakfast. I LOVE their cinnamon French toast! It was really sweet of Shan to go with me because she knows it's my favorite.  

Our pass of all passes included a Real soccer game so as soon as the Matt and Robby got off of work we headed to the stadium.  We were a couple of hours before the game so we thought we wouldn't have any problems getting tickets.  It the same thing we did last time.  But the stars were against us because when I went to get tickets, they were completely sold out.  He said that they sold out in two hours that morning.  All I could do was laugh because we were all dressed in our Real shirts and ready to go to the soccer game.  So we just went out to dinner.  Our waitress asked if we were going to the game (because we look like the biggest fan), but we told her we couldn't get tickets.  By now, we were laughing at the situation.  The best part of the night was when our waitress came out to sing me happy birthday.  She brought out an empty plate with a candle in the middle.  While everyone was singing me happy birthday, I was laughing so hard inside because I thought the empty plate was a joke.  But it wasn't.  It was just cheap Olive Garden.  Nice!!!!  As we were walking out to the car Bridger said "this is the worst birthday ever!!!"  I cracked up!  Even though we didn't get to go to the game, we still had fun going out to dinner.  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment