Saturday, May 12, 2012

Goldilocks 2012....Too hard, bike




Luckily the weather's been beautiful so I've been able to bike a lot.  I did the Goldilocks 100 mile bike ride.  I was a little worried because my longest bike ride was only 70 miles and I was really tired afterwards.  But during the ride I made sure that I ate every 45-60 minutes and drank lots of gatorade.  I felt great during the ride.  The day couldn't have turned out more beautiful.  I was worried about the wind but it was only windy in S.S., the rest of the ride was great.  There are lots of hills but my training paid off.  My swim friend Nicki rode with me.  I was so glad she rode with me.  She loves her bike as much as I love mine.  She is so fun to be around.  She's very positive and energetic.  Monique, one of her neighbor friends joined us during the ride.  Monique's family surprised her and found us on the last five miles and cheered us on.  It was so fun!  We were so happy that we made the 100 miles!!!  We made it in about 6 hours so we were happy with our time.  The ride was very organized!  At the rest stops, men would come out and take your bike and hang it up while you got something to eat.  By lunch we were starving, so luckily they had lots of yummy food to eat.  The fresh fruit and chocolate chip cookies tasted the best.  I figured today was my mother's day gift to myself.  I got to enjoy a day of riding!
I had to laugh because at the end of the ride I felt great.  But by 8:00 at night I felt like I had been run over by a truck.  My body was so tired!!!  I could barely move off the couch.  I was second guessing my decision to ride 100 miles at Little Red.  Hopefully by then, I'll be recuperated.



No comments:

Post a Comment