Thursday, May 24, 2012

Alpine Loop



So one of my biking buddies, Nicki, talked me into riding the "Alpine loop" with her.  We wanted to ride it before they opened the road to cars so we biked it the day before they opened it.  I've heard of bikers talk about the "Alpine loop" and I've always envied them.  It's been on my bucket list but I've been very intimidated by it.  But my cute friend Nicki convinced me that I could do it.  She was right, I did it!  I made it a lot worse in my mind so as I was biking it I thought "this isn't that bad."  I never had to get off my bike and walk.  We just took our time and enjoyed the scenery.  It was a beautiful day! It was so nice not worrying about cars so I'm so glad we did it before they opened the road.  We were really hot going up the climb but then we froze on the way back down.  My fingers were ice cubes.  Even though it was freezing, I loved the ride down!  With no cars on the road we were able to go really fast!  My hands were too frozen to keep the brakes on.  All the hard work of climbing is paid off when you go down hill.  I had a big smile on my face when I past Sundance resort.  I was so proud of myself that I had biked the Alpine loop.  It took us a little over three hours to make the round trip.  We stopped at Subway at the bottom of Provo canyon and had a quick bite to eat.  I was running on empty so it tasted great.  We got a little lost on the way home but eventually found our way.  I love it when I can bike and just enjoy the day. (Thanks to Shantelle for watching Bridger while I biked.)


I made it to the summit!!!!!  It was a huge accomplishment for me! Now I know that I can do the Alpine loop!




No comments:

Post a Comment