Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sluffers!!!



 Sluffers!!!!  On Sunday and into Monday, we had a big winter storm and got lots of snow.  So on Tuesday morning I woke up and checked the snow report at Sundance.  They had received over 3 feet of fresh snow.  So I decided to pull the boys out of school and take advantage of the fresh powder.  Plus I figured it might be our last day to ski.  The weather was incredible!!!!!  We had blue skis all day.  The snow was probably the best we've had all season.  I just giggled as I skied in the powder.  Chase loved it too! On one run, Chase was staying in the powder and he kept falling so he looked like a big snow ball.  But he loved it!  I thought the boys were ready for a black run but I quickly realized that it was too hard for Bridger to turn in so much powder.  On every turn, he would fall into the powder.  So I finally took his skis off and had him slide down the hill.  He had a great time and towards the end he started rolling down it.  He had a great attitude.  This is a picture of him at the bottom of the black.







So the boys got new goggles and Chase loved wearing them.  Then Grandpa R gave him a neck warmer so he was in heaven.  He stayed nice and warm.  You just can't tell who it is.  I'm amazed with how much the boys have improved this season.  Chase's technique is so much better.  His confidence has grown by leaps and bounds.  He is quite the snow boarder!



Bridger is our little speed demon.  He likes to just point his skis straight and head down the mountain.  He has no fear!  Today he skied mostly blues.  They don't even faze him.  He just does lots of "S's" down the hill.




It's been so fun skiing with the boys this season.  I love going as a family and I'm so glad Bridger is finally able to come with us.  My favorite part is talking on the lift.  We're creating wonderful memories.  I've got lots of videos of the boys skiing down the mountain.  I even have one of Bridger singing and dancing while he'll skis.  It's awesome!  We have such brave and daring boys.  We're hoping Matt will come with us next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment