Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chase's first cavity


Chase had his first cavity filled today.  We went skiing today but made sure we were to the dentist by 4:00.  When we were skiing, Chase realized that we weren't going to have enough time to go home and change.  He was embarrassed and a little mad about going in his ski clothes and messed up hair.  I looked at Chase and said "Honey, look at mom.  I haven't showered, I don't have any makeup on and my hair is crazy."  His reaction was priceless.  He just looked at me and smiled and said that he was ok with it.
  He went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago.  He's had a couple of baby cavities that the dentist has been watching and they finally got big enough that they needed to be fixed.  They were between two of his front molars on the right side.  The dentist told him that flossing would help prevent cavities like this.  He has taken the dentist advice and has flossed every night since his appointment.  He did great while the dentist fixed the cavity.  He breathed in laughing gas and then had to have a couple of shots.  It took less than 10 minutes to fix the cavity, the numbing process took longer than that.  Chase said that it felt very weird to have his lip and tongue be numb.  When it was all over, Chase was able to choose a prize.  He chose a little bracelet.  Bridger was disappointed that he couldn't get a prize.  When we were walking out to the car, Bridger said "man! I wish I could have a cavity!"  It cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment