Monday, March 5, 2012

Skiing with the R's



I took the boys skiing on Friday and the snow was incredible.  I called Dad while we were skiing and said "you have to come with us!!!"  So I convinced the W's and Grandma and Grandpa R to come down Sunday and sleepover and then take the kids out of school and go skiing on Monday.  Luckily everyone agreed to the idea.  Even Robby took a day of vacation and came with us.  Grandpa hasn't been skiing for a couple of years.  So we were really excited to get him going.  Mylissa put Maddy in a half day ski lesson and it ended up being a private lesson for the regular price.  Maddy did so great.  I think this was her second or third time skiing but over a couple of years.  So the lesson really helped her.  Mylissa was able to go on a couple of harder trails in the morning and then after lunch she stayed with Maddy.  We carried on the tradition and ate lunch at the car.  We made sandwiches in the morning and brought lots of chips, carrots and apples.  Grandpa even snuck in a few treats.
Maddy and Chase loved skiing together.  He was so excited to go skiing with his cousin.  He said that it was so much better than school.  Everyone took turns riding together on the lift.  We had to park in the upper lot and then take the shuttle down.  I love these pictures of everyone on the bus.  It didn't matter what we were doing, we just had so much fun being together!!!!



I love this picture of Dad skiing because how many 66 year olds do you see up on the slopes.  Dad was so excited to get the senior discount and pay only $15 for a full day of skiing.  What a deal.  Dad was amazing!  He did great keeping up with everyone.  By the end of the day, his legs were so tired so he went to the car a little bit earlier so he could rest.  I hope I'm still skiing when I'm 66.







Sweet Mom stayed home with Caleb, Julie, and Aliyah so Shantelle and Mylissa could come with us.  Mylissa bought new skis over five years ago and had never used them.  She was so excited to get out of the house and use her new skis.  She was so funny because she giggled as she was skiing and when I would ask her why, she would smile and say "I love my new skis."  Julie and Aliyah are quite the buddies.  They go everywhere together holding hands.  They love to play with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment