Friday, March 2, 2012

More Skiing!


 We haven't had much snow this ski season so when we finally get a snow storm I feel like we have to take advantage of it.  So we got a great storm that dumped a couple feet of fresh snow.  I pulled the boys out of school and took them skiing.  I know by skiing more often it will improve their skills and their confidence.  I especially don't want Bridger to forget what he learned.  Plus, Bridger is free until 6 years old so I have to take advantage of that!  The snow was incredible.  I called Dad and told him that he has to come down and go skiing with us.  It's days like this that make me understand why people say that Utah has the greatest snow on earth.  It's been awesome.  Look at all the powder on our boots!
This is my favorite picture of Chase skiing.  I took it while he was "boarding" down the hill.  I love it because it captures the moment.  He is loving life!!!! 
 I'm amazed with how quickly Bridger has picked up skiing.  His favorite trail is the "outlaw trail."  They have made a cute "cabin" and "school house" to ski through and then there is a trail through the forest.  It really helps him on his turns.  He loved this trail!!!  Bridger was so brave and tried Bear Claw again today.  It's a blue and he tried it last time and it was very hard for him.  He fell about every three turns.  Well today when he went on it, he was amazing!!!  He only fell once and it was to "rest his legs."  He says that it's his new favorite run.  (It's also Chase's favorite run.)



We have so much fun when we go skiing.  I love that I'm carrying on Dad's tradition of taking my family skiing.  We create such great memories.  Plus we have so much fun being together.  I'm so grateful that we have strong, healthy bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment