Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canyon 327



Today we had such a great day. I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. Then we all headed out for an adventure. We wanted to go up canyon 327. So Mom and Marilyn were on one four-wheeler, Dad and Bridger on another one, Chase rode on the back of Robby, and Shantelle and Aliyah were on another one. I wanted to ride my mountain bike. I absolutely love this canyon. It's a great challenge but not so hard that I want to throw up. It is so beautiful!!! I told Mom and Dad to scatter my ashes up this canyon when I die. When we made it to the top, we had a little picnic. Shantelle took the boys on a little hike while they were waiting for me.


When we reached the bottom, Marilyn and Mom were ready to head back so they took Aliyah with them. Then the rest of us headed down the road to a Nez Pearce Indian monument. They have made 3 flat statues out of steel, of Indians on their horses. So Shantelle had us take some crazy pictures. We were laughing so hard. Dad thought we were crazy.
Then we went up a new canyon (33). It's on the opposite side of canyon 327. Matt and Rob discovered it last week. Dad took Mom and Marilyn on it and they hated it because they thought it was too bumpy and rough. So we tried it out. The trail isn't very clear and there are lots of big rocks and trees you have to go over. Then there are a few streams you have to go through. We loved it. Bridger has been asking every morning if we can go on this canyon. They were with Matt when he went. The boys thought the trail was so fun and adventurous.

By the time we got home, it was dinner time. Shantelle and Robby fixed a delicious chicken pot pie in the Dutch oven. It tasted so good. The boys did a little cousin camp. Grandma got out some stickers for them. Chase has been watching movies on our old ipod. Bridger just loves to be right next to him.
After I put the boys to bed, we had a movie night. We watched "The Tourist." I was the only one that had seen it. At the end of it, everyone but Robby went "booooo." I was totally laughing at their reactions because it was exactly how I felt. I thought it was a stupid slow movie. But Marilyn said "at least I watched a movie and I enjoyed the scenery."


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment