Saturday, June 4, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood




"Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Tra la la la la." Today was the Little Red Riding Hood Bike ride. I left yesterday with my friends. Sarah, Krista, Beth and I rode up together. Beth drove us in her van. We drove to Lewiston and picked up our packets. We ran into our swim coach/friend, Jen. Then we went and checked out all the good deals. I got a new pair of biking shorts. Everyone got something new. For dinner, we went to the Iron Gate House in Logan. We went their last year and it was just as good as I remembered. We all ordered the same thing, orange chipotle salmon with coconut rice and green beans. Yummy!!!! My friends are so fun to be around. We are constantly laughing. After dinner we went and checked into our hotel. Beth had arranged for us to stay at a Holiday Inn.


The next morning Sarah, Krista, and Beth wanted to show off their new clothes. The hotel was about 15 minutes away from Lewiston. They offered a great breakfast the next morning. We were on the rode by 7:00. We couldn't believe it but Jen pulled up right next to us in the parking lot. We were worried that we wouldn't find each other so we were so excited when we spotted their car. Jen came up with a really good friend. We pumped up our tires and were ready to start by 7:45. We also met our friend Nicki and her sister at the starting line. We've done a lot of rides together. It's been fun going on group rides. We're all planning on riding the 100 miles. This morning I noticed that my stomach was a little upset. I was hoping that breakfast would help but it didn't. I struggled being nauseated all day. It got really bad the last couple of hours. I almost quit at mile 85 because I felt so sick. But my sweet friends stayed with me and kept encouraging me. Sarah was so sweet to stay right by me. I was so frustrated with my body. I knew that I needed to refuel so i would eat a little but then it would make me more nauseated. I was so frustrated because I had trained so hard for this ride and then my body just couldn't push it. I knew I was sick when I didn't want any ice cream after the ride. But unfortunately some days are like that.
I was so happy to make it to the finish line. I sipped on some Sprite hoping that would help. I love the atmosphere at this ride. It's so fun and energized. I love the all women events. We got a really cute t-shirt and bike chain bracelet.


We took some really funny pictures after the ride. I love these women! They are like my sisters. We have so much fun when we're together. Sarah cracks me up. During our pictures she took the mannequins arm and was touching us. I was laughing so hard. One of the vendors had a hula-hoop so Beth picked it up and did the hula-hoop. At each rest stop, Krista took lots of samples. When we got to the car, she unloaded all of her free stuff. We couldn't believe how much stuff she put in her pockets.
This picture of Krista cracks me up! We teased her the hole ride about her bib shorts so she was showing them off in this picture. She loves her bib shorts. When I look at these pictures, they just make me laugh. I love my friends!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment