Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Marilyn and Harriman Ride



Happy Birthday Marilyn! Sweet Mom made coffee cake for breakfast this morning. Then she made her special over easy eggs. Mom is such a great cook. We asked Marilyn what she wanted to do for her birthday, and she said she wanted to drive to Harriman. So Mom and Marilyn headed out on one four-wheeler and Dad was on the other one. I wanted to ride my mountain bike. Matt and Rob rode in the truck with Maddy, Chase, and Bridger. Dad stayed behind with me to make sure I stayed safe. He is always so sweet to stay back with me. As you start to climb into the mountains, the view overlooking Island Park Reservoir is beautiful. Then you turn directions and see an amazing view of the Grand Tetons. What an incredible ride! The road only had one really steep section and that was on the way back so Dad put my bike on the four-wheeler and took me to the top for a couple of miles. The hardest part was that they had recently graded the road so it felt like riding my bike through sand. It didn’t seem really steep but it was difficult riding through the “sandy” areas. We turned around at the Harriman State Park building. (The road is 167). Mom and Marilyn traded with Rob on the four-wheeler. Maddy and Chase rode on the back with Rob and Bridger rode with Grandpa. He was so excited to have the seat all to himself. Every time he would pass me, he would give me a sweet smile with a wave and then give me the I love you sign. It melted my heart. I wish I could always remember that moment. I ended up riding about 36 miles. I thought the trail was beautiful. The weather was perfect. I was mesmerized with the clouds. I feel that riding/exercising is my drug of choice. I love it! I told Dad that I want to add this trail to my list to do every year.

Tonight we had hamburgers for dinner. I’m normally not a big fan of hamburgers but tonight they tasted really good. Then Rob made a really yummy peach cobbler for Marilyn’s birthday cake. Dad got out the 5 different flavors of ice cream that he’s bought. He’s addicted to ice cream. After cake, Marilyn opened her presents. Mom gave her a ticket to go with us to see the play “Wicked” in August 2012. She was ecstatic!!!! I asked Marilyn if she had a good birthday. She said that she always loves to be at the cabin and it’s better than being home cleaning her house. I love being around Marilyn. She’s a great example to me in so many ways. I’m amazed at how she just bites her tongue and doesn’t say anything. She’s so flexible. She never complains. The NBA draft has been on TV tonight so the men have been glued to the TV. The main thing that I love about the cabin is that everyone can do what ever they want and the main thing people want to do is just relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment