Friday, July 1, 2011

Railroad Trail










For our last day at the cabin, we went on the railroad trail. We just wanted to go for a couple of hours but it turned into a "pack a lunch" experience. We were on the four wheelers five hours. We headed towards West Yellowstone but we weren't going to go all the way. But the trail was really pretty so Dad kept saying "just a little bit longer." So finally we decided to turn around but Shantelle, Robby, and Chase went all the way into West. I strapped Aliyah on the front of me and Bridger went with Grandpa. Aliyah fell asleep within the first 5 minutes so then I had to drive one handed for about an hour and a half. There were some parts that were rocky but I love how she just melted into me. Just as we were loading the four wheelers Robby and Shantelle came back. They said we were only 5 minutes away from West when we turned back. So no wonder it took us so long. We had to drive really slow on the way home because of Aliyah sleeping but they also really hurried in West. Robby got a new shirt and hat and then they quickly stopped at Dairy Queen. Chase ate his blizzard so fast that he got a little sick. We couldn't believe how fast they made it back. It's a good thing Mom and Dad brought lots of snacks because we were gone a long time. The trail was beautiful! At one point, you're riding right next to the river. You can just imagine the train going on this trail. It's a really fun trail because there are lots of bumps. Everyone had big smiles except for Marilyn. It's hard to ride on the back when it's bumpy. Even Aliyah loved it. She would do this little yell like she was on a roller coaster. It was so cute. Chase loved riding on the back of Robby because he would look for jumps. Bridger took turns riding with me and Grandpa. Even though it was a lot longer than what we had anticipated, it was still fun!











When when got home we fixed dinner. We were all starving. After dinner, I went for one last bike ride. It was getting late so I just went up Willow creek canyon. I didn't see any animals but but I ate lots of bugs. I have loved my bike rides. The scenery is beautiful and it's so peaceful. It was a perfect way of ending the day. We wanted to have s'mores one last time. Chase has loved eating s'mores. Bridger just loves to eat the marshmallows. He'll roast one and then eat 4 plain ones. I don't see how they can eat all that sugar. It was great to sit around the campfire and reflect upon what a great trip we've had. Mom even made us sing a few songs. We've been so blessed with safety and protection. We've made wonderful memories. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you do for us!!!!!



























Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment