Friday, August 18, 2017

ZOO!!!


I havne't been to the zoo for a few years.  I feel like we haven't done a lot of things this summer because we've been so focused on the house.  I knew that school was starting the following week so at the last minute, we threw together a quick trip to the zoo.  Chase couldn't come because he had football practice. We had such a great time at the zoo.  Everyone had busy mornings so we met up around 2:00 which was perfect because people were leaving.  (Brad delivered the majority of our plumbing fixtures and accessories that morning).  Everyone brought a little lunch so we quickly ate that right as we got there. Mom, Dad, and Mares were so sweet with the kids.  Mom rented a motorized wheelchair because her back is so bad.  It was perfect so she could keep up with us.  We took lots of pictures to remember our perfect day.

It's fun to see see how much the kids have grown over the last several years.  We always stop at the Gorilla exhibit to measure up how much they've grown.
]



The kids loved watching all of the animals.  The kids found our classic picture spots and posed for us.  Tanner caught on really quickly because he walked around saying "take a picture of me."  That's why the picture of Tanner posing by the fire hydrant cracks me up.  Maddie was so sweet with the kids.  She stayed right with them and jumped in for the pictures.







Mylissa brought her wagon which was so smart.  All of the little kids fought over who can ride in it.  So at one point of time, we moved the lunch stuff into my stroller and put all of the kids in the wagon.  






We celebrated birthdays at the zoo.  Marilyn gave Bridger his birthday present which was a couple of foam swords.


We had to stop and get a drink at the famous lion drinking fountain.  Grandpa helped Tanner get a drink.
The zoo had some gigantic insects around the park.  The boys saw this spider and wanted to get a silly picture.  They're trying to look scared in it.  It makes me laugh when I look at it.

We took a picture of the kids with the gorilla statue.  Then Shantelle went over and wanted a picture too with the gorilla.  She's so funny.  





I like Shantelle photo bombing the picture of Mom with Lilly and Tanner.  Mylissa gave Hazel her birthday present.  We gave Caleb his present.  Then Mylissa gave me my birthday present.  She gave me a little rose gold necklace that has "XOXO" on it.  Then I opened up another present and it was the Strawberry Shortcake doll "Raspberry Tart."  It was the original 1980's doll that I had as a little girl.  I was so happy with Raspberry Tart!!!  She looked all over and found the doll almost a year ago.  She's been saving her just for me. What a special birthday present.  
I love my sisters so much.  They truly are my best friends.  A week doesn't go by that I don't talk to them.  They're always there for me.  I'm so thankful that we're close.  We always help each other out. They keep me laughing through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment