Friday, August 25, 2017

Cabinets!

The painters finally finished things up a couple of weeks behind schedule.  But our cabinet guy, Matt was great to work with our crazy schedule.  He was pushed back so many times but he never complained about it.  He just worked it out.  I researched different cabinet companies for over 9 months.  We ended up going with the Wood Shop, Matt Nielsen.  He does great work and has a very personal touch.  We worked with him a lot designing the kitchen of our dreams.  The cabinetry in our home is beautiful!  I love the look of white cabinets so we went with "White Dove" maple cabinets in the kitchen with a darker walnut island and hutch.  The laundry room and the built ins in the family room upstairs and downstairs are also the white dove cabinets. But then we put the darker walnut wood everywhere else.  I'm so happy with how everything turned out!

 
Mylissa's friend Wendy had a hutch in her house that we loved.  So we copied her design for this piece.  I'm so happy to have something to put all of my pretties in. 
I love the white cabinets with the blue paint in the laundry room!  It's exactly the laundry room that I have dreamed of.  We ended up making the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling because the original height interfered with the window molding so we decided that it would look better having the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling.  I'm so happy with the change.  They look great and I love all of the storage!!!



I love how big the mud room lockers turned out!!!  Every person has their own locker with a cabinet above it for their junk and then a pull out drawer for their shoes.  We're planning on putting three hooks inside each locker.  We really wanted a "messy desk" to hide all of our junk so we put one in this corner of the mud room.
The beginning stages of the built ins in the upstairs family room. 




Tanner's Bathroom
Master Bathroom
Upstairs half bathroom (off of the kitchen)

Chase and Bridger's Bathroom downstairs


Kitchenette Downstairs
Half Bathroom downstairs next to the theater room
Theater room
Downstairs Family Room

Downstairs family room!  I don't like to decorate so I didn't want a bunch of shelves to decorate.   We designed these built ins with closed cabinets on the ends so we can put games and scrapbooks in them (plus it's less shelves I have to decorate).





No comments:

Post a Comment