Thursday, August 31, 2017

Granite

I looked for granite for almost a year.  I felt like I went to every store in SL three times.  The granite store in Logan and Tremonton were so sick on me.  But Valley View Granite was so patient with me. I would just stop by and walk up and down their rows of granite hoping something would speak to me.  At one point in time, I thought I found our granite at Arizona Tile and then we would have VV fabricate it.  But I just wasn't settled with it.  I had Mom, Mylissa and Shantelle meet me at the slab yard multiple times.  I finally was settled on a granite called Monte Cristo.  But I didn't like the slabs that Arizona had.  She told me that they had just send 10 slabs of Monte Cristo to VV that were a little different.  So I stopped by VV the next day.  I fell in love with the granite and knew that was our granite.  I joked with Emily (the gal that has worked with me for months) that I'm waiting for angels to sing.  She asked me if I heard angels and I told her yes.  I've been so indecisive about this decision but I knew that I would be stuck with it for life.  I'm so happy with our decision.  We bought three slabs and it was enough to do the kitchen, hutch, upstairs half bathroom, Tanner's bathroom, messy desk, downstairs kitchenette, and the downstairs half bathroom.  I choose a white quartz in the laundry room and the master bathroom.  I did Colonial White for the Chase's and Bridger's bathroom downstairs.  I love how everything turned out!  It was worth all of the hours I spent looking.

Master Bedroom - Quartz White

Chase and Bridger's Bathroom (colonial white)

Downstairs half bathroom - monte cristo

No comments:

Post a Comment