Monday, August 14, 2017

Last Summer Fling

Kaye and Allan took their entire family and Marilyn up to Oregon on a vacation. They called mom and said that the cabin would be empty and they offered for us to use the cabin.  At first I thought we had too much going on but then I realized it's the cabin!!!!  So I dropped everything and took whoever I could.  We went up on Thursday, August 10th and stayed until Monday, August 14th.   Chase had to stay home for football.  Matt had too much electrical to do on the house so he stayed but it worked out well because he was able to drive Chase to football.  He also wanted to go to Steven O's homecoming.  I was planning on bringing Bridger for the whole time but then his AF buddy Brody invited him to come down for a few days.  It worked out perfectly because Bridger stayed until Sunday and then went home with Robby.  We had such a great time!  The kids loved playing together.   They did lots of crafts.  We went for walks.  We had lots of relaxation time.



Grandma read stories to the kids.  I love this picture of mom reading to the kids.  I love how Tanner is asleep on Bridger's lap.  What a sweet moment!




Robby is so sweet with the kids.  He had Lily and Tanner on his lap and was being so silly with them.  Tanner and Lilly were cracking up.  

I brought my bike up but biking in BL in the summer is a different experience.  There are so many cars!!!  When I bike in the spring and fall, I feel like I have the road all to myself.  In the summer time it's a constant stream of cars.  There's hardly any shoulder so it made me really nervous.  But once I got to the beach, I found my happy place.  Even with cars, it's a beautiful bike ride.

On Saturday, we went down to the beach.  The water is up so high that there's not much beach space. Plus it's so crowded with all of the people!!! But we were able to find a little spot of shade for us.  The kids loved playing in the water and sand.  
Normally we can walk out for at least a quarter of a mile before we reach the water.  Not this year!
The kids built a great sand castle.  It was a little village of sand castles.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment