Tuesday, December 30, 2014

First Skiing of the Season

I really wanted to take the boys skiing over the Christmas break.  The weather was really cold, (8 degrees) but we decided to tough it out and still go.  Matt had to work.  I arranged for a babysitter, Megan, to stay with Tanner but her times were limited so we only skied a half day.  We made sandwiches and ate them up at the ski resort before we started skiing. We skiing until 5:00 and it was wonderful.  The snow was pretty good but it was SO cold.  Luckily we had hand and feet warmers otherwise we would have called it quits.  It was so cold that my phone stopped working at times.  My fingers would freeze just trying to take a picture.  But the boys were troopers!!!  They never complained about being cold.  Bridger kept saying "I'm hot!"  Only the tips of our noses were showing.

When we pulled out our skis this winter, Chase had outgrown his but they fit Bridger.  Chase actually fits my boots.  My skis are a little long for him but he makes them work.  Chase wanted to use poles for the first time.  Our first time on the lift, Chase accidentally drop one of the poles.  He got all upset and said he didn't want to use poles.  So I skied down to the lift and got the one he drop and took Matt's to the car and I used mine since Chase didn't want to use it.  I used Matt's skis and boots.  the boots are a little big but with two pairs of socks and feet warmers they work.  His skis are a little longer than I'm used to but it's nice not having to rent.  Chase really wants to switch to snowboarding.   I told him he had to ski one more season.  We'll let him switch next year.  They are such great skiers.  We have such a fun time skiing together!



No comments:

Post a Comment