Tuesday, December 9, 2014

New Fridge


Our old fridge has been making a loud clicking sound for the last six months.  We joked that it was knocking on death's door.  Even though we've had it for almost 12 years, I would say that last four years it hasn't worked well.  The water was temperamental and it would freeze stuff all the time.  So I wasn't sad to see the fridge die.  I just was sad with the timing (Merry Christmas to Matt and I).   I opened the freezer to get a toaster strudel out for the boys and everything in the freezer side was thawed!!!!  I tried to save what food I could by putting some in the garage freezer and some food in a cooler.  When Matt got home from work, we went shopping.  Kip found us this fridge at Home Depot but it wasn't available until the end of December.  That doesn't work!!  So we drove out to RC Wiley and luckily they had this fridge for the same price as Home Depot.  Plus they had it in stock.  So we drove out to their warehouse and got there 15 minutes before it closed (8:45).  When we got home, Matt called the Pitchers to come help us unload it and bring it into the house.  It was a beast!!!  Luckily Michelle had a dolly that we borrowed which helped a little.  The fridge looks massive and very shiny!!  But I love how much space it has inside!  

No comments:

Post a Comment