Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of School


We went to back to school night and had the boys meet their new teachers and find out where their classrooms are going to be.  Chase has Mrs. Workman.  She's a dear friend of ours.  She's been in our ward since we moved here.  She's a fabulous teacher so we're really excited that Chase has her this year.  She reminds me so much of mom.  Bridger has a new teacher this year, Miss Larson.   Instead of student teaching, she was accepted into the internship program at UVU and was one of the few teachers that were selected to come to Legacy.  We've heard really good things about her.  It was reassuring to meet her at back to school night.  She's very young (I must be getting old) but she's so energetic!!!  It's going to be a great year!

The boys have been so funny about their hair.  They are very particular with it.  Bridger wants to keep his a little "longer" and wear it missionary style.  Chase likes his very short and "spiky."  The boys were so excited for the first day of school.  They each picked out their outfits.  They got new backpacks this year.  Chase got a really nice one from Costco and Bridger picked his out at Target.  It's an orange camouflage backpack.  Bridger really wanted me to walk them to school.  Last year they wanted to go by themselves so I thought it was really sweet they wanted me to come.  For the last several years, I've struggled with the first day of school because I thought there would be more kids to come.  This year I felt so grateful that our family has been blessed with another child!  I just can't believe that Chase is in 6th grade and Bridger is in 2nd.  Time is flying by!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment