Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Chase's 14th Birthday

Maddie had a rough week at school so she came and stayed with us on Saturday night.  Mylissa, Julie, Caleb and Grandma came up on Sunday for dinner and to pick up Maddie.  We celebrated Chase's birthday  Mylissa made delicious marshmallow brownies!!!  


At the last minute, Chase said that he would be ok with bringing a treat to soccer practice to celebrate his birthday.  (That made me happy because last year he didn't want to bring a treat).  We quickly ran to the store and picked up donuts. It made me so happy watching Chase pass out his treat.  He seems happy!  What a difference a year makes.  I feel like he's settling well up here.  Maddie told Chase that if he didn't tell his friends that it's his birthday, she was going to tell his friends through Instagram.  Chase was brave and told some of his friends at school that it was his birthday.  Last year he didn't tell anyone so that made me happy.
Chase's birthday was a busy day!  Chase had soccer practice, Matt was working at the house, Bridger had baseball practice, and I had a presidency meeting at 8:00.  At 7:00 we ate dinner together.  We didn't have enough time to eat out because Chase wanted to go to Logan or Brigham City.  So I told Chase I would fix dinner.  I asked him what he wanted and he said "Olive Garden Alfredo."  So I looked up their recipe online and made it.  Luckily the recipe was pretty easy and it turned out really well.  Chase was happy with his dinner!  Then he opened up his presents.  The main thing he wanted was clothes.  Tanner gave Chase a new book.  Bridger gave Chase the XBOX game FIFA17.  Matt and I gave him lots of clothes, cologne, and new soccer cleats.






Chase requested the yellow cake with chocolate chips and the chocolate frosting.  It's one of our classic cake recipes.  We were all too full from dinner so we sang "Happy Birthday" and then I went to my meeting.  Chase had a piece of cake before he went to bed.  We're hoping to do something fun for Chase's birthday over spring break.


Chase had a couple of friends, Cael and Carson (Stack) that posted birthday wishes to him on Instagram.  They're really nice boys.  I'm grateful that Chase has been able to make friends up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment