Monday, August 31, 2015

Chase and Bridger's First Day of School

Chase started 7th grade at AH Int school. School starts at 7:35 which is really early for us!!  Chase wakes up at 6:45 and leaves for school at 7:30.  Luckily the school is really close to our home so Chase walks to school.  He gets out of school at 2:35 which is nice.  He has 7 classes every day but one of those classes is used to make up missed homework or get help with a teacher.  If you don't have anything to make up, then you can do something fun like play soccer, basketball, play games, etc.  They have lots of fun things for the students to do during that time.  We met all of Chase's teachers at back to school night.  We were really impressed with them.  Chase is really excited to take Intro to Spanish.  He has his own locker which is close to his first class.  Luckily he knows someone in every class but one.  At lunch he eats with some soccer friends.  We've been so grateful for his soccer team!!!!

Look what handsome boys they are!!!
I love this picture of the boys hugging each other before Chase leaves for school.  They are such good friends!!!

At first we were going to have Bridger go the elementary school by our house but we just didn't feel good about it.  Luckily after lots of prayers and visits at the other school, the principal called us the Friday before school started and said that Bridger could come to their school.  I didn't realize how stressed out I was about this decision, but I was so relieved once Bridger was accepted.  I walked Bridger into to meet his teacher for the first time the first day of school.  I could tell he was so nervous!  Mrs. H came over to Bridger and put her arm around him and said "Bridger, I'm so glad you're in my class!"  I almost started to cry!!!  I was so impressed and grateful for a nurturing teacher.     Her classroom was darling.  It was filled with so many fun things.  She's very organized and sends home a newsletter every week.  I wanted to stay with Bridger all day but Tanner and I walked away.  This is a picture of Bridger at his new desk.  He looks so nervous.  Luckily the first day of school went really well.  Bridger was able to find Thomas at recess so he had a friend to play with.  Bridger starts school at 8:30 and gets out at 2:50.  It takes us 5-7 minutes to drive to his school which is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment