Monday, July 31, 2017

We finally have painters!!!

The painters Chris was planning on using were one to two months behind.  So we asked Jake if he would paint our house.  At first he said that he would but when he came up and measured everything he decided it was too big of a project and the distance made it hard.  We scrambled and got a couple of other bids but Chris' painters came in the lowest and they said they were two weeks away.  It took them four weeks to paint everything.  I ended up changing the color from Sherwin Williams Worldly Grey to Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. Revere Pewter has been in the top three most popular colors for the past several years.  I wanted to do something different but I just didn't love the Worldly Grey.  It had more cooler tones than warmer tones.  When I took the sample of Revere Pewter over, I loved how it looked!!!  I'm so happy I went with that color.  It looks so different in different lighting.





We did three tone paint everywhere.  For the white color, we matched the cabinets and did Benjamin Moore's Dove White.  It's a softer white that isn't so grey.  I love it!  



We weren't very happy with how the painting job turned out.  We feel like it was rushed and they weren't very meticulous.  Even Jen and Layne thought the painting looks crappy.  But now we're stuck with it!  The railing looks horrible but we're going to have Mike and Jake work with it.  When we got their final bill, it was $5,000 more than what we had planned.  Chris said it was because of all of the wood work.  I fought back and said that we specifically asked the painters to drive up and give us a more accurate bid and they said "we don't need to, we know how many square feet it is."  So Chris and I had a huge blow up over it.  I told him if we would have know that it was going to be that much more we would have gone with our painters that did our house in AF!!!  Chris refused to tell his painters that they did a crappy job because he thinks that it looks fine.  So he ended up eating the extra $5,000.  It was super awkward between us.  We just need to get this stupid house done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment