Friday, July 21, 2017

Tile!!!

We ended up waiting 6 weeks for the tile guy!  He kept saying "I'll start in two weeks."  That turned into 6 weeks!!!  So we were so excited when he finally showed up and started working.  I originally wanted to do wood floor throughout the house but then I realized that Sophie is in the house most of the time, plays ball in the house, we have three crazy boys running through the house and we live on 5 acres of dirt.  So we decided to go with tile that looks like wood floor.  It looks beautiful!  I'm really happy with it.  I hopefully chose a color that has enough variation to hide the dirt.


Jen referred me to Dal-tile in Salt Lake (They helped her with her house).  Ashely was absolutely amazing helping me put it all together.  I told her my style and gave her some general ideas.  Then she pulled out a lot of tile and helped me put it all together.  This is Sophie's dog shower.
This is one of my favorite rooms.  I decided to go with a bigger white tile for the baths and dog shower.  Then I picked an accent tile to add some color.  I fell in love with the turquoise in the accent tile.  There are different shades of brown, grey and turquoise in it.  For the floor, I chose a lighter tile but I loved the lines in it.  





For Chase and Bridger's bathroom, I did the white bigger subway tile and then an accent tile that has shades of grey in it. In some lights it looks like there is a little brown. They boys were really happy with the tiles I picked out.
I had seen this tile in a home show and really liked it.  Ashley found the accent tile for me which blends really well.  In some lights, there is a little shimmer in some of the pieces.  Our tile guy Dan had the idea to do the shower floor this way.  (I wasn't in love with what I choose plus it was expensive).  He suggested we take the extra pieces and cut them smaller and make a pattern out of them.  I really liked how it turned out!



I did little niches in all the showers because I wanted a place to put all of our shower crap on.  I absolutely love how they turned out!!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment