Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Great Day at the Temple

Chase has been working with Chelsea, a Laurel in our ward that has been called as a family history consultant.  Once or twice a month she'll pick the youth up and take them to the family history center in town.  She's been so instrumental in teaching Chase how to find family names.  With her help, Chase found over 100 names!!  We knew there was no way that we could do all of their temple work, so we turned in 70 names to our Stake to have them help do their work.  Our Stake set a goal to have the youth find 2,000 names and they did it!!!
We were having Sunday dinner and Grandpa R mentioned that his assignment in the temple on Tuesday was at the baptismal font.  It felt like I moved Heaven and earth but we worked it out so Maddie and Chase could go to the temple together and have Grandpa baptize them during his shift.  When we walked in the temple, it was packed!!!  We waited an hour before they called us back and then another half hour before we were baptized.  We were so worried that we would miss Grandpa and Grandma but the Lord worked it out and we were Grandpa's last baptisms.  Grandma came back just before we started so she was the one to hand us our towels.  I was just going to watch, but then Maddie asked me why I wasn't going to do baptisms.  I just thought of it as a youth thing but then it really hit me of what an opportunity it was.  Luckily Maddie had brought in extra names so I quickly changed and did baptisms with them.  It was a wonderful experience to have dad baptize me and his grandkids.  I haven't done baptisms since I was in college!  I loved it!  I'm so proud of Maddie and Chase and their desire to go to the temple and live a worthy life!!  What a great way to prepare for the school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment