Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fall Family Pictures



I knew I needed to get Tanner 's 18 month pictures taken so I decided to turn it into a family event and use the pictures for our Christmas card.  Plus I didn't buy the school pictures because I knew these would turn out better.  After searching around, I went with the same company that has taken all of Tanner's milestone pictures because they do a great job (even though they're in AF).  We hit horrible traffic on the way down and it took us three hours to get to AF.  I was dying because I was worried that they would make us reschedule our appointment.  I called them and they were wonderful to work with us and still do our photo shoot.  I was so happy with how the pictures turned out!  I love the one of our three boys together on the bench!! 



  When I looked at Chase's pictures it really hit me that he's a teenager.  He looks so tall and grown up in these pictures.   Chase and Bridger have been very particular about this style of hair.  They have to get it cut every 6-8 weeks to keep the sides short.  Then they grow the top a little longer.  The lady that cuts their hair calls it a "comb over."  I think they look so handsome.
Chase wrapped up his soccer season in October and started basketball right away.  Fortunately, he made the top competition team in town (there's only two but the other option is rec and he didn't want to do that).  We were so proud of him!  He has basketball typically one game a week with 2-3 practices during the week.  This team has turned out to be very intense but Chase has improved his skills.  His coaches are Nate and Clint and they're great with the boys.  I've had to get used to their yelling because sometimes they get after the boys.  Chase is really enjoying the team and has become friends with a few more boys.  One of the boys on the team lives in our neighborhood so it's been fun to see Reis turn into a good friend for Chase.  Chase loves to play on his iPad.  His favorite games are:  Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, and Mind Craft survival.  I think he would play on it 24-7 if I let him.  He doesn't like to read but he knows if he wants to play on his iPod he has to do his 30 minutes of reading.  Chase is really developing his piano skills. He's at an intermediate level.  He's working on hymns.  I love to listen to the boys practice their piano.  Chase is such a great big brother.  He's a good friend to Bridger and so sweet with Tanner.  He's a great babysitter.  


Bridger keeps us laughing.  Sometimes I look at him and think "you're crazy!"  The photographer told Bridger to make a silly pose so he did the monkey face.  It reminded me of me as a kid.  Bridger is a delightful child!  He's so happy and genuine.  He has such a tender heart.  I dropped Bridger off at school and he turned to me and said "mom, I made a goal to never be mean and so far I've been able to keep that goal."  It was so sweet!  Our move has been the hardest on Bridger which has surprised us.  He's had a hard time finding a little buddy at recess.  He and Brody were such a perfect match that his heart has missed Brody tremendously.  There have been many nights where he just cries and tells me how much he misses Brody.  But he's really trying to make friends.  Sometimes kids are just mean and he's having to learn how to deal with that.  He's doing great in school.  He excels in math and his reading has improved tremendously!!  Luckily he loves his teacher Mrs. H!!  Bridger is excited to start up basketball in January through the rec.  We haven't been able to find him a basketball team to play on.  He's taking a couple of baseball classes and through that we found him a baseball team to be on in the spring.  (Baseball and football are really big around here!)  Bridger loves to go to scouts each week.  He's getting to know the boys in the ward better.  Bridger is also really improving on the piano!  




When I looked at the pictures of Tanner, it made he realize that he's definitely a toddler and not my little baby!  He's getting so tall and slimming out.  The photographer did a great job getting pictures of him because he didn't sleep a wink in the car and was hungry by the time we got there.  Luckily she was able to capture some smiles!  Tanner is a very busy little toddler but is such a happy guy!  He loves to discover life!  He loves to read books, play outside, "ride" his tricycle, play with balls, cars and blocks.  He's learning to do puzzles.  He especially loves any books that make animal sounds. He likes to give kisses and hugs. It's so sweet! He loves Sophie!! Sophie is so good to put up with him because he tries to ride her and lay on her.  He's talking more every week.  He's still a picky eater!!  He's so good in nursery and is just happy to play with the other kids.  It's fun being in nursery with him because we can watch to see how he interacts with the other 14 plus kids.  He's down to taking one nap a day normally around 11:00 and he'll sleep for 2-3 hours which is wonderful!!  He loves his blankets and binki!  I call him Linus because he would carry his blanket around with him all the time if I would let him (plus his binki, it's a battle to get him to leave it in his crib).  There are times when I look at Tanner (especially at night) and I'm filled with such gratitude that the Lord answered our prayers and blessed our family with this special little guy.  He's added so much happiness to our family!  I can't imagine our life without him!  





After much convincing, Matt agreed to take a family picture!!!  I'm so happy that we finally have a family picture of us!!!  It was very stressful picking out and coordinating the clothes but luckily stores do returns.  I think my sisters and friends were so sick of me asking their opinions for clothes combinations but in the end it was all worth it.  Now we have it documented that we're a family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment