Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

We carved our pumpkins Thursday night.  I don't thing we've ever carved them so fast.  It was a busy night so we were trying to just get them done.  They boys did a great job carving their own pumpkins.  I talked mom into coming down and helping us Halloween night.  I needed Mom to stay with Tanner while I answered the door.  Mom came down around 11:30 so I could help in Bridger's class without taking Tanner which worked out so well!  Then we went back over to the school around 2:30 for the school parade.  It was so fun having mom with us!




Matt took Bridger out trick or treating.  This was the first year that Chase went with no adult and just his friends.  He went for a few hours.  He felt very grown up.  I took Chase to the Halloween store a few days before Halloween.  After wandering around the store, he finally chose to be a "hippie." He wanted a costume that he could wear the red wig with.  We borrowed the shirt and pants from Shantelle's costume box.  He looked great!  Bridger wanted to be Captain America.  We already had the shield so we just ordered the costume on Amazon.  Easy!



Bridger was feeling a little sad that Chase didn't want to go with him so we told Bridger he could go with his friends too.  He went with Brody and Isaac.  Matt wore Dad's woopie cushion costume.  Matt traded off with one of the parents so he only had to go for an hour.  He took the boys out first.  Both boys got lots of candy!!!!




Mom had some skin cancer removed a couple of days before Halloween.  She had a big zig zag incision on her forehead.  We teased her that she looked like Harry Potter.  I'm so glad she came down and spent the night with us.  She went back home the next morning.  We wanted her to stay all weekend.  Shantelle and her family came up to see us.  It worked out perfectly because Bridger was done trick or treating so he and Aliyah hit some of the houses on our street together.  I took them out and it was so sweet because Aliyah held my hand.  My boys don't hold my hand very often and I miss that so it was nice to have her hold my hand.  Aliyah was Elsa from Frozen.  She looked beautiful!  Lilly was Anna.


Rod Stewart stopped by that night.  I love this picture because after I took it I started to laugh so hard.  Then when I showed Shantelle she got all mad and wanted me to delete it.  It just makes me relive the moment.  We were laughing so hard.  She's a good sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment