Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall Break in BL



Kaye and Allan were very generous and allowed us to stay in the cabin in BL.   Originally it was just going to be Shan and I but then Mylissa's plans changed so we invited her and of course we invited mom, dad and Marilyn.  Dad had "too much to do" so he didn't come.  Matt and Robby couldn't come up until Friday after work.  Shan and I headed up Wednesday night around 5:00.  We stopped at Madox for a quick hamburger and yummy shake.  We finally got to the cabin around 9:30.  Mom and Marilyn had arrived a lot earlier in the day.  Mylissa came up the next the day.  Mylissa ended up going home Saturday morning because she and Rob had a meeting with an area seventy in the afternoon.  Rob was called as first counsel in their new stake presidency.  Marilyn went home with Mylissa because she had church obligations on Sunday.  Mom went home Saturday evening when she heard about Rob so she could be at their Stake Conference.  Matt and Robby both went home early Sunday afternoon so it became really quiet by late Sunday afternoon.  It was actually really nice to have the quiet time.  We talked about staying until Tuesday instead of Monday.  My boys talked us into staying until Tuesday.  Kaye said we could stay as long as we wanted.  She was so sweet about it.  It ended up being a good thing that we went home on Tuesday because we spent half the day on Monday cleaning.  Then Tuesday morning all we had to do was a quick vacuum job so we were out of there by 10.  We stopped by Kaye's on the way home.  We stayed almost two hours just visiting with them.  It was so good to spend some time with them.  They are so sweet!  We stopped by Madox for a quick hamburger and shake.  We were really rushed because Chase had to be home by 4:00 for a birthday party.  We made it home at 3:50!!!  
There were still a few leaves left on some trees.  Kaye's oak tree in her front yard was beautiful!  The boys needed to do a service project for the reading triathlon challenge so Saturday morning everyone went out and raked up the leaves.  We even planted a few daffodils that dad sent up.  It looked so much better.  We love watching the animals at the cabin.  There was a group of 4-5 moose that stayed in the same place so throughout the day we would look through the binoculars and watch them.  They were really far away so you had to use the binoculars.  But we saw a couple of moose that were by Kaye's cabin while we were there.  We saw one on Friday night and then Sunday while we were out walking, Chase spotted one on the hill.  

Mom brought up a bunch of her classic Halloween books.  On Thursday night, Grandma read some Halloween stories with the kids.  It was such a sweet moment to see them all snuggled up to her listening to her read.  One of the books she read was "Tilly the Witch."  That was one of my favorite Halloween stories as a child.  While Mom was reading to the kids, Marilyn held Tanner for me and rocked him.  I love these sweet pictures.  










My van was packed when we came up.  I always try to bring my road bike when we come up here.  I looked up the weather and decided I could get some biking in. I'm so glad I brought it because the weather was beautiful!  On Thursday it was a little cold when I started but eventually I warmed up and shedded some layers.  Mylissa was able to come with me on Friday.  We went out to the North Shore.  I love going with her.  She was feeling very stressed about Rob's interview and was wondering what would happen.  At one point I asked her what music she was jamming out to.  She started to laugh and said "Primary songs."  She said it's the only thing that has brought her some peace.  It was very sweet.  Every day was a little warmer so by Monday, I was biking in just my shorts and shirt, no jacket.  I had to stop and take a couple of pictures.  I love how beautiful it is up here.  The first picture is me at the North shore and the second picture is me not quite to the South shore.  





We brought up a few crafts and activities for the kids to do.  They worked on some puzzles, did sticker pages, and lots of coloring.  Chase enjoyed reading Kaye's Genius Book of World Records.  On Sunday, the boys and I went for a long walk.  On our way back, Chase spotted a moose on the hillside so when we got back the cabin we loaded up the van with us and Shan and the girls and went and found a beautiful moose.  



Even Sophie likes to go moose watching.  Kaye is very sweet about us brining up our silly dog Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment