Wednesday, October 3, 2012

RaJenIp Salsa

 I got a little carried away with my salsa recipe this year.  I used the RaJenIp (Rachael, Jen, Kip) recipe that Jen created.  I can't help but think of Clay when I do salsa.  We were canning salsa the day Clay died.  I didn't want to double it but I added a few extras and it turned out to be a bigger pot than I expected.  I ended up with about 45 jars.  So I'm hoping that I won't have to make salsa next year.  I added a little bit too much lime but I tried to doctor it up but it didn't work so we have really limey salsa.  It was  an all day project but at least I'm done now.  The whole house smells like salsa now! Last week I did a couple of batches of my apples.  I didn't do any canning last year so I was almost out of everything.  It's a lot of work but I'm always so glad when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment