Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Break


 Kaye was so sweet and allowed us to stay at her cabin over fall break October 10-15.  Shantelle and I came up Wednesday night.  We saw about a dozen deer on the drive up.  When we came around the corner to Kaye's cabin, there was a deer waiting in the front yard for us.  Matt and Mom came up on Friday and Robby came up later that night.  Shantelle and Chase worked on a couple of puzzles.  Mom taught Chase how to play chess.  Chase would beg anyone to play chess with him.  It was so beautiful up there!  I brought my bike and was able to go on a few bike rides.  There was only one day that was cold.  The rest of the time was beautiful!  We went for lots of walks and played outside.  They boys loved playing ping pong.  On our last morning, Mom came in and woke me up and said "there's a mommy and baby moose right outside our window."  I jumped out of bed and sure enough, it was true!   We ended up waking up everyone because they were so close.  We even went out on the porch to watch them and they didn't run away.  We watched them for over an hour.  It was such an incredible sight to see them so close!  



 I love how relaxing Kaye's cabin is.  I read a couple of books. We played lots of games and watched a few movies.  Saturday night we went down and got shakes.  Saturday night we saw an older moose.  The next couple of nights we were able to go down to the same spot and find her again.  It was awesome!  I got some great pictures with mom's camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment