Friday, July 20, 2018

Not Again!!!!!


I was at Maddox with Bridger, Brody and Tanner when Chase called me.  I could tell from his voice that something was wrong.  He told me that he hurt his knee during the football scrimmage at BEHS. (It's football camp week and they've been having scrimmages with other schools).  He's worried because he heard a pop and his knee has swelled up really bad!   The next day, Matt called Chase's physical therapist at the hospital and told him the situation.  He squeezed him in during his lunch.  He said he couldn't say if his ACL was torn and the best bet is to do an MRI.  So we went over and talked to registration and they were able to fit him in.  We only had to wait 30 minutes.  After the MRI we went home and waited for the results.  Matt called me and started to cry on the phone.  He told me the devastating news that Chase's "new" ACL graft had ruptured and he'd torn his meniscus and strained his MCL.  I started to cry too.  I pulled myself together and then went and told Chase the devastating news.  He tried to stay so tough but he finally broke and started to cry.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done.  It broke my heart to see the devastation on Chase's face.  Everything he's been looking forward to for 10 months and has worked so hard to achieve just disappeared.  Now his future playing sports is on hold once again.  



No comments:

Post a Comment