Thursday, April 5, 2018

Matt's 47th Birthday


For Matt's birthday, we went to Olive Garden.  He's been craving it.  He was so happy eating soup and salad.  We had to wait for Bridger to finish up soccer practice at 6 and then we headed over to L for dinner.  They gave Matt a "free dessert" for his birthday.  Shantelle told me that they let you choose any dessert on the menu but they brought out this little serving of chocolate mousse.  But it's better than an empty plate.
I ruined Matt's cake.  I wanted to use Amy's recipe but it called for vanilla pudding and I only had tapioca pudding.  At the time it sounded very logical to swap them out.  I thought that the cake mixture would soften the tapioca pudding and nobody would be able to tell.  But on the first bite, Matt and Chase asked if there were crushed up rocks in the cake.  Busted!  I confessed.  It was so bad you couldn't eat it.  I ended up throwing away the whole cake.  (I told Mom, Shan, Mylissa and Mares what I did and they had the biggest laugh over it.). The next day I had to redeem myself so I went to the store and bought some vanilla pudding and made the chocolate again but with all of the right ingredients.  We invited Layne and Tiff and Michael and Jen over to enjoy some cake with us.  We loved visiting with them for a couple of hours.  We're lucky to have such great friends.


Tanner and Bridger game Matt the movie "the Greatest Showman."  Chase gave Matt some exercise clothes.  I gave him a new Eddie Bauer shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment