Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First Day of Preschool




I signed Tanner up for preschool in April. We've been counting down for a long time! The day finally came and Tanner was so excited! He picked out a Lightening McQueen backpack. He wore a snazzy outfit and his favorite shoes (his Nike's). As we were walking in, Tanner was holding my hand and said "I love you Mom." (He'll say that out of the blue all the time and it always melts my heart). When I dropped him off in the classroom he started to run over to the toys. I said "Wait! I need a hug and a kiss." So he came running back and gave me a big squeeze and a kiss and said "I love you mom!" It was so sweet. I got a little teary. Tanner goes to school for two hours from 9:30-11:30 Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. When I picked Tanner up, he ran to me with a BIG smile! He said "I love preschool!" I've been telling Tanner for months "you get to go to preschool so you can learn your ABC's." When I buckled him in the car, he made a sulking face. I asked him what was wrong and he said with a frowny face "I didn't learn my ABC's." That made me laugh so hard! Then I felt bad that I had set him up. So I clarified that he was be learning his ABC's during the whole school year. I told his teacher the story so she told Tanner that next week he'll learn the letter A.



No comments:

Post a Comment