Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fall Break



Sweet Kaye and Allan offered us their cabin again for fall break.  Shantelle had the whole week off so she and the girls came up on Monday.  Mom and Marilyn came up on Monday too.  We didn't get out of school until Wednesday so we came up Wednesday evening.  The W's were in California over fall break.  We really missed them.  BL is so beautiful and relaxing.  I brought my bike and went for a couple of bike rides.  There was one day that the weather was too cold.  I love my bike rides in BL!  The scenery is so beautiful.  We decided that we like BL better in the spring and the fall because it's too crowded in the summer.  We love waking up looking out over the beautiful lake.  

On Saturday afternoon, we went down to the beach.  It was too cold to get in the water but we played at the park for a little bit and then went down to the water.  The kids had so much fun just playing at the park.  Life can be so simple sometimes.  It made me smile when all the kids were on the swings.  















Tanner and Lilly loved playing in the bath tub together.  Hazel wanted to join the fun too.  They were the happiest kids just playing in the bath tub with a red cup.



I love this picture of Marilyn reading to Lilly and Tanner.  This is what the cabin is all about, making memories and being together.



We were feeling really sad that we hadn't seen a moose.  On Sunday morning, Shantelle was upstairs and started yelling "a moose! a moose!!!!"  We ran to the windows and the back porch and sure enough, there was a moose up on the hillside behind the cabin.  When we looked through the binoculars, we realized there was another moose just behind it laying down in the trees.  We were so happy that we finally saw a moose!!!


I found myself taking a million pictures because every time I looked out I thought "look at that view!"  The lake was so many different colors because we had a couple of storms go through.  BL is so beautiful! Kaye and Allan are so generous!  It's a piece of heaven up here.  


One of our favorite things to do at the cabin is to play games.  We love sitting around the stable playing uno, tenzie, phase 10 or anything else we can play.  I love everyone's big smiles.





On Saturday, we had some deer come right up on the grass in the back yard.  We watched them out the back windows.  It was so fun to watch them eat and to be so close.


I love snuggle time at the cabin.  Mom and Marilyn left Saturday because they had church obligations.  The kids went out on Saturday and raked up some leaves.  I love this sweet picture of Lilly and Tanner right next to each other.  They're such good little buddies.






I wanted to stay up until Monday and just have the kids miss school but I had picked up a shift at work a couple of months ago not realizing it was fall break.  So we got up and cleaned the cabin really well on Sunday and then came home later that afternoon.  I think everyone had a great time because all three kids crashed on the way home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment