Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring Break in BL

Our spring break began the second week in April.  I called Kaye and asked her if we could come up to her cabin over our spring break.  She was so sweet about it and said we could come.  She and Allan, Mom, Dad and Mares were up here over conference weekend so we came up on Tuesday so they could still enjoy their conference weekend.  Mom and Dad went back home because of the temple but then Mom came back up on Wednesday.  Mares just stayed up and played with us until Saturday when she went home.  Mylissa's spring break was the week before so she couldn't come up.  We didn't have a chance to decorate eggs on Easter so we brought our decorating kit and had our Easter egg party up at the cabin.  The kids did a great job decorating the eggs.





Shan loves to do puzzles while we're at the cabin, so on the second day she pulled out one of Kaye's puzzles to do.  It was a very tricky puzzle because of all the blue.  But she and Chase were determined and they finished it!!!!  It looked great!

Fun times!  Kaye bought new castle blocks for the cabin.  She bought two sets so Aliyah and Bridger loved playing with the new blocks.



I can't go to BL without bringing my road bike so everyday I went for a long bike ride along the shore line.  I love my bike rides in BL because it's so beautiful!!!  It wasn't very busy so there wasn't much traffic along the roads.  I was worried it was going to be cold but the weather ended up being perfect. The first day I wore my pants, jacket and gloves and ended up taking them all off half way through the ride.  Most of the days I biked in my shorts and jersey, sometimes my jacket.  It was perfect!!
On one of our last nights, we wanted to go down to the lake.  We thought about driving out to the north shore but then Robby wanted to go someplace closer.  He found this "boardwalk" entrance which was closer and it worked out great!  The boys were determined to get in the water.  Mike said that he would pay them $5 if they went all the way under the water.  They had big plans but when they got in the water they realized how cold it was!!  It was freezing for them to just get their legs wet.  Chase said the next day that he was glad he didn't get all the way wet because he was cold all night long!  


Even though it was cold and windy, the boys had a blast playing at the "beach." We stayed for over an hour.  I kept Tanner in the backpack and it made it much easier to walk around.  Plus it kept him out of the water.
Being around Shan makes me so happy.  She's so fun to be around!  


What a cute family!!!
We love to look for animals while we're up there.  So I love this picture of Mares, Bridger and Lily out on the deck.  Even Lily has her pair of fisher price binoculars.  
After one of my bike rides I came home and they boys were playing on their devices.  So we went for a walk so we could enjoy the beauties around us!  We walked all over the hillside.  We ended up being gone for an hour.  The boys were tired by the time we walked up that big hill to get back to the cabin.  But everyone enjoyed it!  Even Tanner was good!!!


I came home from a bike ride and this is what I found:  the kids were playing outside with their light sabers and Shan was up on the porch with Tanner.  They were having so much fun outside.  I love the picture of Bridger and Aliyah sitting together.  They were listening to her Book of Mormon stories before bed.  They are such good friends.

This is what the cabin is all about....relaxing!!!  We had a wonderful spring break!!!  We watched lots of movies, played games, had naps and played outside.  We loved being together!

No comments:

Post a Comment