Monday, November 14, 2011

Our trip has begun!



So we ended up not leaving until 5:30 on Friday night. We ate a quick dinner before we hopped in the car. We had a quick potty break in Cedar City. But other than that, we drove until Primm which is just outside of Las Vegas. The boys fell asleep in the car so we just kept driving. They were so good! Matt did a great job driving. He wanted to keep going so around 11:30 we called it a night.
I was hoping to sleeping in but the next morning I awoke with Bridger right in my face. He was complaining that his "tummy was starving." I told him that we left all the food out in the can. I realized at that point how dumb that was. He watched cartoons for about 15 minutes and then Chase woke up saying he was starving too. Luckily there was a MacDonald's in the hotel so we threw on some shoes and went and got breakfast. The boys were so excited to eat MacDonald's for breakfast. We brought it bsck to the hotel room. They were starving because they devoured their 3 stack of pancakes.
We drove the rest of the way to Angie's on Saturday. We only had about 5 hours of driving which made it really nice. We even stopped at some outlets for an hour and then ate lunch. We drove through a lot of rain for the last couple of hours. We arrived at Angie's house around 5:00. Angie came running out of her house when we pulled up. We were so happy to finally be there.
On Sunday, we got up early and went to church with the M's. We had a very quiet and relaxing day. It was heavenly!!!
Monday morning I got up and went for a run. I was wearing a tank top with shorts. I'm sure people that I passed were laughing at me because I was laughing at them. Everyone that I passed was wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. I thought 60 degrees felt wonderful but they all acted like it was freezing. Angie just laughed at me when I came home and told her. When I got back, Angie took us on a hike. She took us on one of the trails that is by her house. The boys found walking sticks. They thught they were being so adventurous. I thought the weather was perfect.
We went out to lunch with Angie. We always get really good Mexican food while we're down here. So she took us to a new place and it was great. I love just spending time with her. After lunch, we packed up the car and drive a couple of hours to Anaheim. The boys really wanted to go swimming plus we didn't want to get stuck in traffic. When we made it into Anaheim, there was a little storm that had come in. But the boys still wanted to go swimming. By the time we unpacked everything and changed our clothes, it was dark. But we still went swimming. The temperature was around 55 degrees and the water was cold. We swam for about a half hour and then Bridger was shivering so bad we called it quits. We sat around a fire by the poolside for a few minutes. The positive side to all of this was that we had the whole pool all to ourselves. It was actually really fun swimming together as a family. When we came back to the room we fixed some dinner. Mom would be so proud because I brought food for us to eat. The boys were really tired tonight so we got them to bed early. They are so excited for Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment