Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween

 With COVID cases surging, Halloween changed a little.  The school had their Halloween parade outside and only one grade was allowed to go at a time.  I was able to still go in and help in Taner's class for his class party.  (Shantelle and Mylissa couldn't go into the schools for parties).  Tanner wanted to be Ironman again.  He was Ironman last year but the gloves were really big on him.  So he wanted to be it again and have the gloves fit better.  The costume fit him perfectly!  

We were busy laying Sod and wrapping up some yard projects on Saturday so I felt like the day flew by.  Tanner really wanted to carve pumpkins so Bridger quickly cleaned out two pumpkins.  Tanner drew the face on his pumpkin and then Bridger carved it out.  I had Tanner quickly go change into his costume.  The stake decided to cancel the Trunk or Treat at the church because of COVID.  Our neighborhood told people to park on our street so we could still go trick or treating.  We were one of the few people to wear masks but we wanted to stay safe.  Bridger stayed with the candy and handed it out.  The weather was perfect.  It was one of the warmest Halloweens I can remember.  Matt and I walked Tanner down one half of our street and then I took Tanner down the other half while Matt handed out the candy.  Bridger invited a few overs to hang out.  Chase was hanging out with Kyzer and Raden.  Tanner held my hand as we were walking back.  It was one of those magical moments where I wanted to freeze time.  Tanner came back and counted his candy.  He had 130 pieces of candy!  I would call that a successful night of trick or treating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment