Sunday, May 3, 2020

Tanner's 6th Birthday

On Saturday night, Tanner said he wanted to go to the place where Chase went for his birthday and get a corn dog.  (Maddox)  While we were driving there, Shantelle called me.  I told her what we were doing and she said "Maddox doesn't have corn dogs."  I thought she was mistaken.  But sure enough, when we went to order the server said they don't have corn dogs.  Tanner started to cry.  I felt like I had ruined his birthday.  So we made a really big deal out of their fries.  I promised that we would get him a corn dog next week.  He loves corn dogs!!!
  We invited our parents and Mares and Angie to come up for dinner and celebrate Tanner's birthday. He requested crepes for breakfast with the special sauce (buttermilk syrup).  He requested "white sauce" (alredo) with fettuccini noodles for his dinner.  He also wanted a chocolate Oreo ice cream cake.   The main thing Tanner wanted for his birthday was remote control cars.  He ended up getting three because Mom gave him one too.  He got a little mini one, an outdoor one that climbs on rocks and then a fast yellow fancy car.  He was thrilled!!! He got lots of lego Star Wars.  Matt and I got him a new bike.  I thought he was going to be so happy.  He seemed happy when we brought it out but the next day he told me he didn't want it.  He said that he wanted Caleb's hand me down Captain America bike.  Well, ok!!  Maybe next year he'll want a new bike.
  Tanner loves to play outside whether it's riding bikes, playing "golf" with his brothers, jumping on the tramp, or playing on the swing set.  He's such a happy guy.  He loves to play with friends.  He likes to play with cars (hot wheels and Disney), marbles and legos.  He loves basketball and soccer just like his older brothers. He likes to play board games.  His brothers taught him how to play chess.  He's learning how to read and is really improving. I love to hear him read!!  It's amazing how much he's learning in less than a year.  He's getting a little better at trying new things.  His favorite movie is End Game (that's embarrassing!  You can tell he has older brothers).  He's learning to play the piano.  I'm teaching him.  We try to do two lessons a month.  He loves watching Tom and Jerry cartoons!!!  He still loves his minky blankets.  He likes to sleep in just his underwear at night.  I'll put him to bed in his pajamas.  But when I go to check on him before I got to bed, he's taken off his pajamas and they're on the floor.  Tanner doesn't like spiders.  But he likes to hold rolley polleys.  He loves to eat cereal specifically cocoa crispies, and cinnamon toast crunch cereal.  He's discovered brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts.  He still loves Costco chocolate milk.  He loves his Donovan Mitchel Jazz jersey!  He would wear it everyday if I let him.  He'll take a nap about 1-2 times a week especially if he's been staying up late.  He likes to play with bouncy balls.  Tanner is into telling jokes.  He makes them up and then we laugh regardless of what he says.  He cracks himself up!  (I remember Chase and Bridger going through the same phase).  We're so grateful Tanner is in our family.  We love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment