Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween




We had our annual Halloween party at mom's house the Sunday before Halloween.  The kids love wearing their costume and walking down the hall. Aliyah was Little Bo Peep from Toy Story and Lilly was her sheep.  Hazel found a costume where she looks like she's riding a horse.  When they found this costume, Hazel fell in love with it and had to have it.  Dad dressed up in his lederhosen that he got when he was a young missionary.  Even Shantelle and Robby dressed up as cougar fans.  Tanner has been so excited to be Ironman.  He and Caleb were super heroes together.  Bridger dressed up as Messi in his "Messi" soccer uniform.  It was a fun night being together.  The kids always look forward to this party and for good reason.




When Tanner's costume came in the mail, he was so excited to try it on.  I asked him if he wanted to see how it looked in the mirror.  He was memorized when he looked in the mirror.  I happened to capture the moment.  I love the look on his face.  Pure magic!





  Our sweet neighbor, Sheri let us pick out three pumpkins from her garden.  Tanner has been so excited to carve our pumpkins.  But I told him we had to wait until it was closer to Halloween.  Sunday night we were at the R party.  Every night we had basketball with the older boys.  So my plan was to carve it right after Bridger got home from school.  When I went out to get the pumpkins, I quickly realized that they were completely frozen.  They were a pumpkin popsicle.  Tanner started to cry.  I felt so bad!  We got a cold spell last week and I didn't even think about the pumpkins freezing.  I got out the permanent markers and Tanner colored on them instead of carving them.



I was able to go the school Halloween parade.  Since Tanner goes to school in the morning, they did a little parade for just the kindergarten class.  Tanner was the cutest Ironman!!!

It was a different Halloween because it was just Tanner trick or treating.  Bridger wanted to hang out with his friends.  Tanner was a little sad that Bridger wasn't coming with him.  We went to the church and participated in the trunk or treat.  Matt wasn't home because he was stuck at work sitting on an epidural.  So I had Chase come to the trunk or treat and pass out the candy while I took Tanner around.  Tanner saw a couple of friends at the church so he was happy to have some friends to walk around with.

Tanner was very happy with all of the candy he got.
This is Tanner's cute friend T.

No comments:

Post a Comment