Monday, September 2, 2019

Labor Day in BL


I wanted Marilyn to ride with me so she didn't have to drive up to BL by herself.  By the time we added all of her stuff to all of my stuff, my van was packed full!!!  We didn't know if we were going to be able to fit everything in.  But luckily my van holds a lot!  It looks like we're going for two weeks.  
I wanted to escape for Labor Day to BL.  Sweet Allan and Kaye offered us their cabin.  Originally I was going to head up Friday right after school.  But then I decided since Tanner wasn't in school yet, Marilyn and I could head up earlier.  So Marilyn and I left Wednesday later afternoon.  Mom and Dad and Matt and the boys didn't come up until Friday evening. Shantelle and her gang came up Saturday around noon. (She had some bathroom construction commitments).  Marilyn and I thoroughly enjoyed our quiet time!!!! But we were happy when the rest of the gang came up!  The weather was beautiful!  I went for a long bike ride every day.

We went to the north shore on Saturday around 4:00.  It was perfect because even though it was busy, people were starting the leave so it wasn't as crowded.  We brought Kaye and Allan's kayaks down to the lake.  We had a blast taking turns with those.  They were a big hit!




We loved soaking up some sunshine and being together.  Mom wasn't feeling well so she stayed home and rested.  We took some videos and lots of pictures.  Marilyn and Dad hung out under the canopy and enjoyed watching us.  We stayed at the beach for several hours.  It was a perfect last summer hurrah!






We love being together at Kaye's cabin.  We went for walks, watched animals.  There were some deer that hung out under a porch in the cabin above Kaye's.  The kids loved watching the deer.  The kids made lots of pearler bead creations.  Of course, we ate lots of yummy food!  I'm so glad we were able to get away and have one last break before the craziness of the school year kicks in.



No comments:

Post a Comment