Saturday, March 3, 2018

We're finally skiing!



We lucked out with a Saturday that didn't have any plans.  So I decided to seize the day and take Bridger skiing.  Bridger has the "fifth grade ski pass" which gives him three free ski days at every ski resort in the state.  Chase was sweet to stay home and babysit since he can't go skiing this season because of his knee.  We haven't had the best snow season but in the last couple of weeks, we've finally have gotten some snow.  Any day skiing is better than not skiing.  But the snow wasn't the best.  It was icy in the morning and then cream of wheat by the afternoon.  But we still had a great time!  I loved having the one on one time with Bridger!!  He's been really sad about not making the basketball team and his knees.  So it was nice to build him up and just give him a chance to talk.



I was worried that it was going to be really busy because it was a Saturday, and there were a couple of major events happening at the ski resort.  But it wasn't bad.  The resort is so big that it can handle the crowds.  Plus they have really wide trails.  Bridger is really turning into a great skier.  He can handle any blue.  Most blues, he breezes down them.  He's right on my heels.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  At lunch, we took off most of our layers because we were sweating.  I love going skiing with the boys.  It reminds me of the great times we had skiing with Dad when I was growing up.  I'm grateful that Matt does such a good job of providing for us that we can afford to go skiing.

I love this picture of Bridger.  I love his rosy cheeks.








No comments:

Post a Comment