Friday, May 5, 2017

Exterior Paint!!!!

Now that the siding is all done, the exterior painters have started.  I have stressed for months over the exterior color.  I think I bought at least 8 samples of different colors.  I picked a color and then was worried that it was too similar to our neighbors on the  right of us.  So I went back to the paint deck and internet and tired to pick a new color.  I searched for hours on "Houzz". I thought I had picked the perfect color but when we painted a little sample on the the side of the house, I hated it.
It was too gray.  So I went back to my original color of Sherwin Williams Keystone Grey.  I'm so glad I did because I love the color.  I think there's enough differences with the rock and lighting that it doesn't look the same.  Depending on the time of day, it can look really gray or brown.  That's what I like about it.


For one of our accent colors, we went two shades darker on the paint deck.  It turned out having a green tint to it.  I don't love it but I don't want to have to pay to have it redone so I'll get used to it.  In some light, I like it but in other light, it looks like scouting green pants.  Other than that, I'm so happy with how it turned out.



Chris put some of the extra rocks along the front as a little retaining wall.  I like the way that turned out.







No comments:

Post a Comment