Thursday, July 28, 2016

Super Hot but still FUN!




 We went to L with Angie, Sammee, Mikayla and Ashtyn.  Angie and the girls have season passes so they've been dying to have us come and spend a day with them at L.  It was one of the hottest days of the year (103) but we had to get our day in before Chase starts football next week.  The sun zapped me so around 5:00 I perked up and was able to have some fun.  Tanner fell asleep in the car on the way down so when we got there he was still a little sleepy.  His first ride was "Bulgy the Whale" and I thought he would be so excited.  I think he was still waking up because he looked at us like we were crazy and he didn't crack a smile the whole ride.
There were only a couple of rides that Bridger could go with Tanner.  He's finally reached the height limit in the main kiddy area.  


Tanner LOVED the train!!!!  He had the biggest smile on his face the whole ride.  I think he would have been content to just stay on the train ride the entire day.



Tanner's other favorite ride was the "gun" ride.  He'd get off of it and say "Again! Gun! Gun! Gun!"  He probably rode it 6-7 times!!  He loved the gun!  The first time he didn't figure out how to press the buzzer but after that he pressed the whole ride.



The boys were a good sport and went on a few of the bigger kiddie rides with Tanner.  I love this picture of Chase with his arm around Tanner.

Luckily the line for the boat ride was really short.  Tanner liked driving the boat and ringing the bell.

Matt, Ashtyn and I chose not to go on Cliff Hanger.  We didn't want to walk around in wet clothes for the rest of the day.  Chase, Bridger and Mikayla went on the ride and got soaked!!!  But they loved it!  It was so hot everything dried out except for their shoes.

It was so hot some got slushy drinks.  Tanner liked Ashtyn's drink the best and she was sweet enough to share her drink with him.
Tanner was barely tall enough to go on the Music Go Round ride.  I was worried he would get sick but he laughed and smiled the entire ride.  He thought it was so much fun!
They were more strict on the water ride so Tanner couldn't go but Sammee, Mikayla, Chase and Bridger went.  They were disappointed because they hardly got wet.  The line was too long otherwise they would have gone again to get wet.
While the big kids were on the Bat, Bridger took Tanner on this little water ride and he loved it!  It splashed just enough on them to cool them off a little.
While the big kids were riding the big roller coasters, I took Tanner on the egg drop ride.  He barely met the height requirement but I was worried that he was too little.  He looked a little scared at first but when it dropped he started to laugh and he giggled the rest of the ride.

Tanner loved driving his first car.
Bridger asked if we could go on the Farris Wheel while the big kids were on Samurai.  I've never ridden the Farris Wheel at L so I said "sure! Why not."  (Luckily the line was short).  Just as we were about to board, they had the wheel go around and around.  Tanner stuck his little arm past the gate and kept yelling "Stop!"  It finally stopped and was our turn to ride it.  It was an amazing view of the park.  I just didn't like looking down and I didn't let the boys move.  Other than that I really liked the ride.  While we were on the this ride, we could see Matt, Chase, Mikayla and Ashtyn riding Samurai. When we got off it, we met back up with our group.  The first thing Matt said was "my phone fell out of my pocket during the ride!"  Once I got over the shock, we pulled out my phone and used "find my phone" to locate Matt's.  It was out in the parking lot and luckily it was not cracked.  Just that morning I had Matt put on a screen protector.  He thinks his phone flew 50 feet up in the air and then landed in the parking lot.  Luckily it didn't hit a car and luckily it still works!!! We had a great day with Angie and the girls and Ashtyn.  We're so glad they've moved home so we can spend more time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment