Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July


I was in charge of the dessert at our little fourth of July family gathering.  You can see from the pictures that it turned out beautifully!  Bridger could tell that I was very frustrated with the cake.  When I put the pieces on top and then glazed it, Bridger came in and said "Mom! It looks so much better! I think it will taste great!"  He's so sweet.  The cake looked gross but it was actually delicious!!!  It was a buttermilk almond cake that was really yummy!  We had a nice dinner of hamburgers, pasta salad and watermelon.  We always have plenty of food when mom and dad come.  I stayed until 9:00 and then headed home.  I didn't want to stay for fireworks because I would have gotten home too late.  But it was really fun driving home because we saw lots of fireworks going off. Tanner stayed awake for awhile and would say "boom berry!"  That's what he calls fireworks because of the book "Jamberry."

I was a little sick of all the driving but mom and Mylissa convinced me to come down for a little party.  I came down around 3:00 and let the boys swim for awhile.  Each time Tanner goes swimming he swims a little longer.  He's getting used to being in the water.  Bridger and Julie were little fish.  They played in the water for 3 hours!  This pool has been worth every penny for the Ws.  I'm so excited for them to build their real pool this fall.









No comments:

Post a Comment